I made this Garlic and Mushroom Pasta over the weekend. It was my first time. I really had no prior plans on making it, but since I wasn’t able to do the grocery shopping yet and I found myself needing to whip up something for lunch, I just looked into what’s available in the pantry. I had some uncooked spaghetti that was a leftover from a few weeks back of cooking Carbonara, so a pasta dish it was.
The only other ingredients I had though were a can of mushrooms and some parsley. I checked the Internet on what recipe I could make with only those ingredients on hand and—voilà—I found Garlic Pasta! It was a good thing I still have some cloves of garlic and a good amount of butter left. I improvised a bit and added the mushrooms for more flavor and to make the serving bigger, and really because I just love mushrooms. And since I always keep some Parmesan cheese on hand, that went into the recipe as well. The end result was really delicious! I was actually surprised that I plan on cooking this again, and a bigger serving the next time, so it will last for days!
You might want to give this recipe a try, too. It’s really easy to make. It’s perfect for those times when you want to cook something simple and easy, or when, just like me, you haven’t done your grocery run yet. I suggest though that if you can get your hands on some fresh mushrooms, all the better because in my opinion the fresh ones emit that more flavorful taste.
Let me know how yours turned out!
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (linguine, spaghetti, angel hair pasta, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaging directions, or bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Put in the pasta when water is boiling and cook until al dente.
- In a separate pan/skillet, put in the butter.
- When butter has melted, add the minced garlic, then the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms have softened and the garlic have emitted that nice smell, toss in the pasta.
- Mix everything well.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
You may PIN this: