I made some Croque Madame the other day. It’s basically a sandwich with ham and cheese as fillings, with the bread slices dipped in a mixture of beaten eggs and milk before being fried in olive oil or butter. It’s like French Toast with fillings, and since I love French Toasts, this was a total hit with me. It was a winner with my family, too.
Here how to do it.
- Bread slices
- Ham slices
- Cheese slices
- Olive Oil
- Spread butter and mustard on the insides of the bread slices.
- Fill the two bread slices with ham and cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk. Mix them.
- Dip the sandwich in the mixture.
- Fry the sandwich on a skillet of preheated olive oil or butter.
- Brown both sides of the sandwich.
- Serve with fried egg on top and enjoy!